One of the most important members of the Tucher family was Anton II’s son, Linhart II Tucher (1487-1568). "Tucherisch Compagnia", the family business, was managed by Linhart from about 1507; first together with some cousins, later with his cousin Lorenz II, the builder of Tucherschloss.
The period under Linhart’s management is considered the most successful in the company’s history. The company traded in various goods throughout Europe – the big profits were mainly made in the saffron trade. Profits in the millions were to be made with saffron, in modern terms. A secret cartel, which the Imhoff family belonged to as well as the Tuchers and the Welsers, tried to divide the market among its members as early as the purchasing stage. For a long time it remained unknown that, contrary to earlier opinion, the Tuchers, like other firms, were quite active in the loan business. The profits were reinvested in the company as well as used to purchase estates and works of art. The Tucher service and two wedding goblets are particularly impressive examples. In the exhibition, some of the many preserved letters, including those from his sons Paul and Herdegen, convey Linhart’s life between family, business and politics.
Linhart, who had been a member of the Inner Council since 1529, had a major influence on Nuremberg’s politics at that time: the position of the imperial city in the Schmalkaldic League was an essential topic, as was the threat posed by Albrecht Alcibiades in the 2nd Margrave War. From 1533 Linhart was a member of the septemvirate, the council’s actual executive body. From 1536 he was the "Second Losunger" and one of the three senior captains in Nuremberg, which the inscription on a chest for flags chronicles. As the "First Losunger" (chamberlain), he gained direct insight into all the city’s diplomatic and above all also financial internal affairs from 1544 onwards. He was to shape its future fortunes in this position for over two decades.