Burg Burghausen About the Object
  • https://bavarikon.de/object/bav:BSV-SCH-0000000000000013
  • Burg Burghausen
  • Burghausen Castle, with almost all of its medieval fortifications still intact, extends over a length of more than 1000 metres and is one of the largest castle complexes in the world. From 1255 on it was the second residence of the dukes of Lower Bavarian and the court of their consorts. In the late Middle Ages Duke Georg der Reiche (George the Rich) turned the castle with its six courtyards into the strongest fortress in the country. In the historic Great Hall (Palas) are the ducal apartments and the castle chapel dedicated to St Elisabeth. The State Gallery has a collection of late Gothic panel paintings and a monumental picture cycle illustrating the history of Bavaria. There is a magnificent view of the surroundings from the viewing platform on the roof.
    • Burghausen
    • Architektur
    • Ort
    • Burg
    • Die Schlösser und Burgen der Bayerischen Verwaltung der Staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
  • Bayerische Verwaltung der staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
  • Bayerische Verwaltung der staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
    • GND Identifier - Identifier: 4222657-0
  • http://www.burg-burghausen.de
  • Licence of the Metadata: CC0
  • Fotografen: Andrea Gruber, Rainer Herrmann, Maria Scherf
  • 2013-03-21