Picture on obverse: Under the legate’s hat, a shield with coat of arms on cross and crosier. To the sides tassels and the last two digits of the year 6 - 5.
Writing on obverse: IOAN IAC D G ARCHIEPS SALZ APO SE LEG
Picture on reverse: St. Rupert with salt cellar and St. Virgil with church model sitting facing each other, both holding a crosier.
Writing on reverse: S RVDBERTVS ET S VIRGILIVS EPI SALZBVRGN
The thaler stamp of the same year was used for this double thaler klippe from 1565. A klippe itself is a coin that is usually cut into a square, as the derivation of the name from the Scandinavian "klipping" (cutting with scissors) already suggests. The obverse shows a chequered shield with the coat of arms of Salzburg Abbey in fields one and four, the Belasi ancestral coat of arms in the second field and the related House of Niederthor coat of arms in the third. The legate’s hat above the coat of arms not only indicates the role of the Salzburg archbishops as permanent legates of the Pope on this Salzburg coinage, but also on a large number of the archbishopric’s coins from the end of the Middle Ages until secularisation. Likewise, the reference to the two monastery saints is a recurring motif on Salzburg coins over the centuries. Thus, the reverse of the klippe also shows St. Rupert (c. 650-718) with the salt cellar as the discoverer of the Reichenhall brine springs and St. Virgil (c. 700-784) with the church model as the builder of the first cathedral in Salzburg.