The building program by the Würzburg Prince-Bishop Julius Echter (1573-1617) also included the construction of numerous administrative buildings throughout the prince-bishopric's entire region. Official houses, bailiwicks and town halls strengthened the central state control and urged the subjects to obey the prince. The town hall in the small market town of Sulzfeld am Main (Kitzingen district) is a prime example of an Echter period administrative building. The three-storey gabled roof with two more attics shows the typical decorative elements of the Echter period. Renaissance portals form a representative entrance. The gable is decorated with volutes. Above the columned left entrance, the prince-bishop's coat of arms refers to the builder and his affiliation to the Würzburg prince-bishopric. In addition, an Echter inscription proves that the building was constructed in 1609. Deviating from the usual standard text of the Echter inscriptions, the purpose of the building is main focus here. It warns the incoming council members to "abolish disadvantages and increase benefits", but always to act "according to your lord's wishes". The towering town hall completely dominates the relatively small market place and clearly rises above the surrounding buildings. For the small town of Sulzfeld it was actually completely oversized. The high building, however, with another large Echter coat of arms in its gable field, was able to convey an image of the efficiency of the Catholic prince-bishopric to the nearby Protestant areas even beyond the town wall.