Neues Schloss zu Bayreuth
Telephone: +49 (0)921/75969-0
The Staatsgalerie in the Bayreuth Neues Schloss presents over eighty works of Dutch and German painting from the seventeenth to the eighteenth century. The focus is on Dutch painting from c.1700 with works by Gerard de Lairesse (1641-1711) and Gerard Hoet (1648-1733), among others.
A gallery room shows eighteenth-century German landscape painting, for example works by Philipp Hieronymus Brinckmann (1709-1761).
In the third part of the gallery, portraits, genre paintings and still-lifes by the Flemish court painter in Munich, Peter Jakob Horemans (1700-1776), are displayed.
The Neues Schloss was built from 1753 on behalf of Margrave Friedrich von Brandenburg-Bayreuth (1711-1763) as his new city residence. Today, the ground floor houses the museum "Das Bayreuth der Markgräfin Wilhelmine" (The Bayreuth of Margravine Wilhelmine) and the museum "Bayreuther Fayencen - Sammlung Rummel" (The Bayreuth Rummel Collection of Faiences). Since 2013, the permanent exhibition "Galante Miniaturen - Sammlung Dr. Löer" (Galant Miniatures – Collection Dr. Löer) has been displayed on the main floor.
The State Gallery in the New Palace Bayreuth is affiliated to the Bayerischen Staatsgemäldesammlungen (Bavarian State Paintings Collections).