Schloss Ehrenburg About the Object
  • https://bavarikon.de/object/bav:BSV-SCH-0000000000000014
  • Schloss Ehrenburg
  • The city residence of the Coburg dukes, built in 1543, was rebuilt in 1690 as a baroque complex with three wings. The palace church and Hall of Giants with 28 Atlas figures date from this period. In the 19th century the building acquired neo-Gothic façades designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and the state and residential apartments were lavishly decorated in Empire style. The bedroom of Queen Victoria, the wife of Prince Albert of Coburg, is a reminder of her frequent visits to Coburg. The two art galleries with works by Lucas Cranach the Elder, Dutch and Flemish artists and Romantic landscape paintings are of particular interest.
    • Coburg
    • Architektur
    • Ort
    • Schloss
    • Die Schlösser und Burgen der Bayerischen Verwaltung der Staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
  • Bayerische Verwaltung der staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
  • Bayerische Verwaltung der staatlichen Schlösser, Gärten und Seen
    • GND Identifier - Identifier: 4104270-0
  • http://www.schloesser.bayern.de/deutsch/schloss/objekte/co_ehren.htm
  • Licence of the Metadata: CC0
  • Fotografen: Andrea Gruber, Rainer Herrmann, Maria Scherf
  • 2013-03-21