The gold-plated, so-called "Doppelscheuer" consists of two bossed goblets placed on top of each other. The shaft is turned in each case and carries a cut leaf cuff, on which the dome, the upper bowl rests. The floral engraved lip edge is set off by a cord and is also accentuated by mounted flowers. Under each foot there are enamelled medallions with the alliance coats of arms of Tucher/Pfinzing and the date "30 MAIVUS 1564". On the foot and lip there is a later owner's monogram in a heart-shaped outline.
Linhart II commissioned the then already famous Nuremberg goldsmith Wenzel Jamnitzer (active 1534-1585). He remained faithful to the tradition of Gothic models when designing the drinking vessel. Double goblets with bossed décor had been among the gifts presented by Nuremberg City Council to honour emperors and kings when they entered the city since the 14th century. They were also popular as diplomatic gifts. At the 16th century many patrician couples finally received these double goblets, typical of Nuremberg goldsmithing, as a wedding gift. In 1906 the goblet was in the art trade and was bought back by the family, arranged by Wilhelm von Bode.